Serves 8 | Prep 30 Min | Cook 1 Hour
This recipe has all the essentials of a traditional apple pie, plus a bag of Aspen Crunch Grizzly Lake Granola for the perfect crunchy topping. Trust us, this is the only pie recipe you'll need this holiday season!
- 1 Bag Grizzly Lake Granola
- 4 Pounds of Local Apples
- 1 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoons Cardamom
- 1/4 Teaspoons Cloves
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Unrefined Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Make the pie dough a few hours or day prior.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400º F.
- Slice and core the apples into 1/8 to 1/4 in slices. Mix apples with brown sugar and maple syrup in a large bowl. Set the bowl with the apples aside.
- Roll out the pie dough and lightly press into a pie pan. Put the pie pan into the fridge.
- Add the cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, sea salt, and to the apples and sugar. Toss well.
- Whisk an egg yolk with some water and brush onto pie crust. Pour filling into pie crust and put in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the pie about 45-55 minutes (until the crust browns). Take out and cover the top with Grizzly Lake Granola at about 40 minutes.
- Cool for 2-4 hours. Serve with ice cream and sprinkle with fleur de sel!