What To Do For The 4th Of July In Aspen
Aspen Crunch's 4th of July Playlist.
Your Guide to 4th of July in Aspen
- 8:00 am: Wake up, and get ready to race! Slip on those speedy sneakers and head over to the classic Boogie’s Buddy Program five mile race. Out-of-breath mornings not your cup of tea? Well, there’s a one mile walk you can participate in. We hear there are lots of cute dogs.
- 10:00 am: Head over to Paradise Bakery and indulge in some delicious pastries. It’s only going to be around for a couple more years so make it count! BONUS: If you’re lucky, stick around and listen to the Aspen Music Festival Students play some sweet classical tunes on Paradise Corner.
- 11:00 am: It’s time for the parade! Find a nice spot to sit, stand, or dance, don’t forget to eat lots of candy and get soaked by water balloons and fire hoses (the best way to cool off).
- 12:00 pm: It’s time for lunch— finding a table in town will be a challenge so you should either a) bring a lunch from home and eat it in Wagner Park (don’t forget your Aspen Crunch) b) go to the AVSC picnic at Koch Park and get some burgers and dogs
- 1:00 pm: Now that you’re satiated, head over to Stillwater and hang out by the beach or the jumping bridge. If you’re feeling sporty, grab a tube, kayak, SUP, or non-motorized watercraft of choice and head for a float. Put in at the Wildwood School and don’t forget to take a cold dip!
- 5:00 pm: A nap might be in order now ;)
- 7:30 pm: Go for a hike up Smuggler and admire the glorious views of town. Stick around long enough to catch the sunset if you can! (and don’t forget a headlamp)
- 9:00 pm: New York Pizza anyone? Peek in and time it right so the line isn’t crazy long. Bring friends and CASH.
- 10:00 pm: Head home and go to sleep. Kidding! Go dance at one of the many bars and clubs in town or watch the drone/fireworks show if there is one to be watched. Bonus points if you find some live music!
- 2:30 pm: Last bus leaves from Rubey Park! Don’t miss it.
If you believe that eating healthy can make a big impact on the way you feel, consider buying yourself an Aspen Crunch snack. Shop Now
Two Nutrition Takeaways
Some foods have the power to heal and some foods contribute to disease.View Details
What's The Science Behind Healthy Eating
A small glossary of the science behind the foods we eat every day.View Details