Check List For Summer Adventures In Aspen
Warmer weather and longer days mean summer is here, so we’ve put together some ideas for a summer adventure in Aspen!
- First, visit the Aspen Farmers Market and pick up snacks and goodies for a picnic. Our healthy snacks are great to take on the go!
- Then drive the winding road up Independence Pass, the Continental Divide between Leadville and Aspen, for seemingly endless adventures and beautiful views. Often at the top of Independence Pass, right around 12,000 ft in elevation, you'll catch skiers hiking in June and July to take a few turns on the last remaining patches of snow.
- On your way back down Independence Pass, take a daring rocky-road drive up Lincoln Creek and hike to pristine sapphire Grizzly Lake - the inspiration behind our Grizzly Lake Granola!
- Drive out of Lincoln Creek, and only a few minutes down Independence Pass you can have a picnic in the shade at the grottos next to the Cascades Waterfall then take a short stroll over to explore the ice caves.
- On a hot day, drive about 2 minutes down Independence Pass to the Devil's Punch Bowl. Refresh from the sun by cliff-jumping into the emerald green water of the Roaring Fork River.